Before the trip, I was teaching summer school for four weeks, and it went pretty well. The middle school kids were much more work than high school, but it was well worth it. I ended up having a good time with the kids, and I made a little extra money for the summer. I'm already trying to tell myself not to do it next year, though, because J and I want to take some trips. What's funny is that in order to take trips, working summer school seems to make sense, but I also have to think about how much time it takes from my free summer.
Back to the trip - I could write a huge post about what we did, but posting some photos will explain enough. It was a beautiful trip, and it was really hard to leave. It was mostly a trip for us girls, so we had some fun and took a couple of day trips. Some of my favorite aspects about this trip: breakfast at DD's, coffee at Gmas, Canada, Lake Placid (awesome & beautiful - going back next year for sure), shopping spree for Gma, late-night chats at DD's, watching the olympics every single day -- oh, and I can't forget about breaking my key in the ignition on the way home. It was a great trip, filled with excitement, relaxation, and pure joy.










No comments:
Post a Comment