and it smells so sweet. However, before I get there, I have a variety of things going on.
Senior grades: finished! This was a big thing to get done this weekend, and luckily it didn't take much time to do. I only had about two papers to finish in order to submit final grades. I won't have seniors anymore, which is weird (but awesome) because I won't have any students during first block. They've been a lot of work, so it's an earned freedom!
Last week and two days of school: I mention this as a task because it truly is. You wouldn't believe the struggle of simply getting the students to do the minimum amount of work for the last week of school.
Training my new cat: J and I got a new cat - he's probably one year old or two... no one is quite sure. More on his story later as well...
Graduation: High school graduation is coming up, so that will be one big event of next weekend...
Funeral service: Next Saturday, after graduation, I'll be attending my grandfather's funeral service. It's going to be a quaint, quiet little service - possibly more people than I am expecting - but either way, it'll be perfect for him. It was a tough couple of days, but things are getting better. I could write a whole blog post about love, loss, and mourning, but I'll save that for another day.
Summer plans: Luckily, J and I both have the summer off, so now we're trying to decide what to do. We'd like to have a peaceful summer at the house - doing little things - building a fire pit, mulching the plant beds, and cleaning off the roof - ya know, the norm. We'd also like to take a small trip for our one-year anniversary. This was a toss up between NYC and the beach. I think we've decided that the beach will be more peaceful of a getaway after a long year of school. Maybe we'll go to NYC during winter break. We also will be going to visit my Gma and other family - my amazing family - and I can't wait! When we're going is the question...
More later. For now, I'm going to finish watching my guilty pleasure (not telling) and planning for tomorrow. I hope you had a great long weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment