Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Feeling sentimental - lots of change lately

There have been a lot of changes around my world within the past few months, and I haven't really written about them.

First off, my old roomie and good friend Ginny has moved south -- about ten hours south -- crazy! It's really starting to hit me now that we are heading into a new chapter of our lives in which we leave the college life behind, and that's kind of difficult. I'm so proud of her for going to graduate school, and I'm proud of how far I've come as far as getting a career; however, now that it's over, I would do anything to go back to a carefree college afternoon -- either with smoothies and sushi (yes) or some good drinks or lying around on her bed talking or laughing at the cat or sitting at that weird black corner table. Seriously, the time flew by, and here we are.

Another thing on my mind is how long it's been since I've seen my friend Phil (Justin's best bud). It's been three months. That is not okay! We're planning to see him sometime in October, but it just seems way overdue. I never thought I'd go three months without seeing him, but it is yet another reminder that life is moving forward, and sometimes that means a lot of change.


Dana is about to have a baby in November -- talk about a life change for everyone! It's crazy that I've known her for over ten years, remained best friends, and now she's having a boy. He's going to be my first nephew! It's happening so fast that I don't stop to think about it, but in reality, it is a huge new adventure we are all heading into. It makes me think about when I'm going to have kids and how it will change my life. I think I'll wait just a couple of years!


My brother is in another country for an entire month. He's been traveling with a photographer checking out the scenery and taking pictures. I am extremely jealous, but I am so happy for him -- like, beyond belief. I know how happy he must be and how much he is learning. He's going to be able to plan my trip one day (Lord willing) when I feel like getting on that long plane ride. It takes guts!


Last but not least, Laurie is probably moving within the year. We were lucky to go to college together, and I was very happy to have her move back near home with us. However, once again, we are moving on, and we will have to actually travel to see each other!! What the heck? It will be weird, and I'm going to hate it -- especially on what should be pool days next summer -- but I'm also happy for her, and I know it'll take her places.


I guess what makes me think about all of these things (particularly) is looking at my wedding pictures. I hate to say it, but I'm feeling some of that post-wedding sadness. It's not that I want my wedding back (which is what most people want when they feel sad after the wedding--they just want to plan more), but I want the people all together again. I want the security of having all of my friends in one place, knowing the amount of love between all of us.


I'm so glad I got that special day to share with everyone and with family. I'm also glad that moving on doesn't mean moving on completely. It just means there are new things coming up and exciting adventures. With every change, good things come along. I'm meeting fun people at work and Justin has already hung out with work buds a couple of times. We're both near our families, which is a blessing, and we will soon meet more people in the area.


Do any of you feel this way sometimes? Does the post-college or post-wedding life affect you as it does me?


Happy Tuesday, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...