Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I found a CAR & other happenings...

I ended up with a beautiful candy-apple Toyota Camry, and I couldn't be happier. It is just so...smooth, and it's the perfect shade of red. It's got great tinted windows, a sunroof, heated seats, leather, and more. I never thought I'd be driving something so nice, but we got a good deal on it, and it is perfect for our use. It's large in the back seat, so it will be great to have for children and trips (and yes, it works for the dog!). The trunk is huge. The car is a great Sedan for our future family, and hopefully that's how long it will last! I have the rest of my life to upsize in cars (kids, more dogs, who knows!), but for now, I'll stick with the sweet, red Camry.

Other than car shopping, I've been keeping busy. I went kayaking yesterday with a bunch of J's family. It was great! However, I am super sore today because we spent 4 hours paddling down a river. I ended up on a canoe with my sister-in-law (after her husband had to try to kayak;), and when the river got more shallow, we just kept getting stuck. It was hilarious because we both just started rocking back and forth furiously in hopes to get off the rock. I'm sure it was a sight. Along the trip, we also came across a rope swing from a tall tree leading into the water. After Jen did it twice (painfully lol), I had to try. Well, turns out we both sucked at it, because I also ungracefully fell into the water. She and I just didn't have the wrist/arm strength to hold on very long. Oh well! At least I did it. I was scared to death because I hate the heights.

Today, I went with my bf Dana to her baby appointment. I got to hear the heartbeat, so that was fantastic. We went to Target (always a good time), and had Taco Bell for lunch -- totally random, but the pregnant woman gets what she wants! I gotta say, the chicken with avacado (?) taco was really, really good. I then went to babysit my beautiful niece with Jen. We had a blast! We took her to the pool to "kick kick kick!" She's such a sweet little girl.

Tomorrow I'm going wine tasting with Jen, and I'm really looking forward to it. I've only been wine tasting once, and it's always neat to try all the different types.

It's my last full week of break before I start work, and so far so good! I'm excited and nervous about the job, but I'm hoping it will go really well all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...