Saturday, July 30, 2011

House/Car Shopping

Well, I have had one heck of a busy few days. J and I have been super busy house shopping at a local builder, but we've decided to put a hold on it for a while. Yes, we can afford one of their houses right now, but 1) The location is somewhat questionable 2) There is a commercial area where they are planning to build a grocery store and other things -- not okay! and 3) The lot size was .25. So, we're now putting a hold on house hunting -- at least with that company, and we decided it was smarter to save money and as of now, look for a CAR.

Here's the deal: my Jeep sucks. Let's just say, we've learned a lot in the past year as far as buying used cars, buying used cars without my dad checking them first, buying old Jeeps. The money was worth all the education; however, I don't want to do it again!

The other day, it started acting up (again), and it actually made a horrible cackling, slapping noise after getting stuck in gear for a while. The oil-pressure thing (yeah) also was jumping up and down. I don't know what all of that was about, but I didn't like it!

I need a reliable car. Case closed.

So, I'm looking into getting one of these:

OR one of these:


I sat in both of these cars today, and they were both fantastic. However, the Equinox has a HUGE back seat, and the Camry was obviously tighter. The Camry is always sooo smooth, but the Chevy is still nice. We have a Chevy right now, and it's been great. They don't have much re-sale value, or at least that's what I've heard, but I'm looking for a crossover/car that will last me as long as possible; that's the only reason we're looking into a newer car. So, any of you heard about these or have a preference?

Sadly enough, they had an affordable Jeep Compass (too cool!), but I just don't know if I trust the Jeep company anymore. I've heard they're hit or miss, and I have to say I agree. Toyota is my perfect car, but the crossover version might be out of our range.

Hope you all have a great Sunday! I'll be at the pool or car hunting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...