Monday, July 25, 2011

Job hunting...

I have another interview tomorrow (yes, another), and I'm hoping I'll get a job out of it. However, I probably won't. Why, you ask? I have been through numerous interviews for a few different teaching jobs so far and no sucess. Also, I know many other teachers who are searching, searching, searching for the right job. At this point, I've been applying anywhere from receptionist positions to legal secretary positions. I've also applied to help with child care.

Should I be a nanny?

How about an insurance agent?

Those are the jobs I seem to think I might have to do in order to get hired. Thank God J has a job because otherwise, we would be in so much trouble!

The good news in all of this? Once I get a decent job, we can afford a house..yes, a house!! There is some first-time buyer/lower income loan (great for teachers) that will allow us to buy. Considering we are paying only about $100 less than we could pay for a mortgage, we're really looking into it! The idea of buying a house in the next year (if all works out) is such a positive thought compared to the dark, jobless surroundings. It's funny that I might even think we can buy any time soon, but you know, I've always wanted a house, and at this point in the market, it's a smart idea.

Becoming a true adult in the midst of a new marriage sure is stressful. Luckily, J and I are keeping the positive outlook on things (or at least trying to).

Yes, I have another interview tomorrow, but hey, at least it's experience!

Wish me luck.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...