Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm employed once again!

...and guess what? I landed a high school English teaching job! Is there a way to take back my sorrowful post with comical relief? On my Monday post, I mentioned an interview on Tuesday. Well, that interview went very well! I felt great about. But, then a job opening showed up online Tuesday afternoon, so I quickly applied (this was the school I originally wanted a job in). I got a call early this morning, and they wanted me to meet at two (I already interviewed for two jobs at this place, so they knew what I was about at this point). We had a laid back discussion about the job, looked at the potential classroom, and I made my way home! Next thing I know, I got a call about fifteen minutes later in order to offer me the job. Great timing! This school is only fifteen minutes from where I live, so that's perfect.

So...everything worked out for the best. My mom always tells me that "everything will be alright" and "it will work out," but sometimes those are some hard words to listen to. I always do listen, but sometimes I quickly forget. I try to remind myself that "everything happens for a reason" which is another good phrase to keep in mind. Sometimes, though, life gets a little more difficult, and you wonder what the heck the reasoning is behind the hardship. What's funny is that even though I'm not an overly "religious" person, I am a Christian, and the one thing that calms me -- truly -- when I'm stressing out, is the feeling of safety in knowing God is looking out for me and holding me through the tough times.

Fortunately, I am past the hardship, and I will now move on to the hard part: planning and preparing! I'll admit, I'm nervous and anxious about it, but I hope I will do a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...