Wednesday, April 20, 2011

e-m-o-t-i-o-n

Motion and Emotion are the two words that seem to describe my day. I've been in motion all day; I've been packing, hanging out with friends, planning for school, and teaching. The reason for the latter word? I have been emotional through most of these activities. I'm excited about school ending, sad about the kids leaving, and stressed about planning--all at once. I very grateful and excited to see friends and family this weekend, but I am also a little anxious about going out of town tomorrow and getting all of the things done that I need to. I am not ready for all of the attention to be on me (bridal shower) because I'm just not that kind of person, but yet I'm really excited and hopeful about it. Thing is, I have been a fairly outgoing and loud-ish person for a while now, but deep down, there are still tendencies to be shy. I prefer not to open gifts in front of people when they give them to me (weird, I know), and I also prefer to become the life of the party, but not start out as the main event. It's an interesting and complicated mindset. However, it's who I am, so I try to work with it. I'm going to try to just relax and enjoy seeing everyone and receiving gifts. It's hard for me to realize that people are traveling just to come to a bridal shower - just another typical wedding event - but what I need to realize is that I am important to a lot of people, and this event is very special to them, too. It's okay for me to share my excitement and thanks; they're all in it with me and for me.

Have a wonderful weekend--I'll attempt to take some pictures as I drive around my future home. I can't believe it's already Thursday! Road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...