It's got to be the weather. We went from having sunny, 70 degree days to cold, 30 degree days. We're supposed to get ice tomorrow. Don't get me wrong -- I'm very excited for the possibility of a snow day, but the cold air is really getting to my energy levels (so has this headache I've had all day).
What I've accomplished today:
Dishes
Vacuumed
Organized school papers
Slept with cat on couch
Showered
Cappuccino
I have done no school work (even though I always plan to do some on Saturdays--it just doesn't happen). I was very tired for most of the day until I got out for a bit. The cat was influencing me with her sleepiness. Turns out, the dog was left out with the cat last night in the living room, so neither one of them probably slept very well.
As far as the end of the week, I had a great time on Friday with all of my classes. I had stories to tell each of them, and they all seemed interested. It's so funny to see kids perk right up when you have a real story (instead of literature) to talk to them about. They actually shush their classmates and get mad if they talk over me! Wow. lol.
I had my 11th graders bring a song that had aspects of transcendentalism. All but two brought in the song, the lyrics, and a written explanation! Again, amazing. I'm so glad they were excited about the work and their songs. We played at least 1 minute of each song after they explained to the classmates what they meant. They loved it!! And honestly, so did I. We all got a new list of songs to add to our playlists. I found out later that the class next door heard everything (the walls are horrifically thin in this school), and they were taking a test. However, they didn't mind at all because they all got to jam to some music while they took the test. :) Overall, it was a great day!
Hope you had a great Saturday.
PS: I signed up for a 3.2 mile run coming up in locally. Let's see how much training I can fit in until then. I'm kind of scared. I haven't run a race since high school. I'll let you know how things progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment