I am at the coffee house once again.
This is what I have to do to prepare for tomorrow:
Create 12th grade midterm
Grade papers
Powerpoint for 11th and study guide material
Powerpoint for 12th and study guide material
I had a great day today at school--mainly because it was pretty relaxed. The kids had some studying to do, and they took a test. I let them take it open book (a lot of it was interpretive reading), and they were surprisingly quiet through the whole thing. I'd say it went pretty well.
I was laughing a lot for a Monday, which is always nice. What's so amazing about teaching is that the kids are the people that help me get into a good mood. Unfortunately, some classes are able to get me in a bad mood also, but this semester is filled with fairly well-behaved students. I did have to send one into the hall today, but he just can't keep his mouth shut!
I feel kind of guilty because my seniors have caught on to my procrastination. They joke they when I say I'll get them their papers graded in a couple of days, they're "lucky to get it by the end of the semester." They're always joking, but really... they're not. Luckily, they have a good attitude about it and don't hold it against me. I really want to impress them, so I'm trying to get my planning done early so that I can grade all day tomorrow and have them done by Wednesday! Wish me luck.
Mondays aren't so bad sometimes--it just depends on how you handle them.
No comments:
Post a Comment