I used to be the type of person that wanted to be running around non-stop, always something to do and always someone to talk to. I've definitely grown as a person since this time. Maybe my foot surgeries did more good for me than I thought they would; they made me stop and think and I wasn't able to move around much. I had to find things to do to entertain me, and I learned to appreciate those around me.
Today is a very rainy, cloudy day, as was yesterday, and I have found them both to be very enjoyable. Yesterday J and I shopped for a floor lamp (found a modern paper one at Target--it looks like a space ship or something--we really like it), went to Lowes to dream shop, and had subs for lunch. We almost bought a living room table from a decorating store, but they were out.
We finished off the evening watching a show we have on Netflix and cuddling up on three quilts we put on the floor as kind of a big family bed for the four of us (puppy and kitty).
My favorite part of the evening, however, was when we took a late-night walk with the dog in the rain. It was so beautiful and refreshing. I ran back and forth with the dog as we chased each other, and we were both drenched by the end. It was absolutely beautiful. I love being outdoors at night, especially in the spring and summer. It's one of the best feelings.
Today we got up around 9:30. I felt well-rested, and I took the dog for a quick walk. It was quite beautiful, even though the rain was coming down harder than yesterday. I had blueberries and waffles for breakfast (a favorite), and I started grading on my pile of quilts. We watched some more of the show season we have, and I graded more.
I still have more grading now, but I'm okay with it. I'm planning on spending the evening grading and planning, but I look forward to seeing my students tomorrow and starting the week. We have about 13-14 weeks of school left, and I have a feeling it's going to fly by.
We're going to spend the evening at a local warm, inviting restaurant/coffee house to do our grading. J has to grade for his college students, and I have to grade for ... all my classes. It's going to feel so good when it's done!
Too bad the work of an English teacher never ends... Oh well!
Have a relaxing Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment