Friday, January 21, 2011

It shows I have a schedule when I'm about to go to bed at 9:30 on a Friday night. Haha. Today was the last day of the semester--we have finals on Monday and Tuesday. It was kind of a crazy day (I won't go into detail), but I made it through. The kids seemed to wish they could stay in my class, and many asked if I would miss them (uh, yeah).

I've found out my schedule for next semester, and it's all 11th and 12th grade. Wowza. Seniors are known for being lazy yet laid back for the most part--however, they can bring the smart talk. I don't know the material because I haven't worked with it before. 11th grade is whatever--I've worked with them before, so I know most of their curriculum.

Luckily, I have at least 4 faces that are familiar from when I was student teaching. Thing is, they've only seen me as my most laid back student teacher phase--I was never in charge of their classes (they were in the teacher cadet class). I'm going to have to try to be as fun as possible but also laid back.

It made me feel good today when one of the seniors who just found out he has me called out in the hallway "Ohh Ms. H English next semesttaaaaaaaa" with his hand raised in some teenage fashion. He was smiling really big, too. Haha. I guess I have a pretty decent reputation among the school.

Another kid from my drama class is going to be a repeat. He's a funny, funny guy, and I've really liked having him in class. He asked, "so, who's going to make whose life hell first?" Nice. Turns out English is his worst subject.

Happy Friday, everyone.

ps. I can't wait until it gets warm again! I feel like I don't have enough pictures anymore. My hands get too cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...