but this morning when I woke up, my toes all felt very ... old. It brought me back to a few years ago when I decided to go through with hammer toe and bunion surgery. I had my first surgery in May, and my second surgery that next January. I gained a lot of weight from sitting all the time, and I gained a bit of age on my feet. They feel much better, and it was totally worth it, but they do still cause me problems. For instance, my feet used to be numb every morning when I woke up, and now they go numb randomly--usually when I'm sitting in a position for a while or when I wear heels too long. My toes used to hurt, get achy, and go numb when I exercised. They still get numb when I exercise, but not as badly, and from what I've read that's fairly normal.
This morning I made the comment, "oh my goshhh my feet feel like I've been through surgery again." J couldn't help but say that I must not remember how much pain I went through. He's right. Surgery must be like childbirth--how one can just forget and move on--do it again. I look back and remember how uncomfortable I was for so long and how much pain I went through. Getting the pins out was the worst.
Look away OR examine these odd pictures of my past. I still want to cringe when I look at them.
Wow! I remember those days!!! I am so glad you have those surgeries behind you!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW....
ReplyDelete