Thursday evenings are always slightly less stressful than most other evenings. I know that I am practically done with the school week, and as long as I have an idea for class the next day, I'm good to go. Tonight J made gingerbread cookies (blek!! I tried one, and somehow got the whole thing down.. I was impressed), and L and I played some Yahtzee (are you surprised?) and Worms. Overall, it was a good night.
A fight almost started in my class today! I thought I was going to get punched, but I went ahead and stepped between them anyway. Who knows what the problem was or is, but two guys were about to slam into each other. I took one student into the hall and told him to go "cool off, breathe" for a few minutes. The other one stayed in my classroom. See, this week is SOL week, so when I called down for support, they were all in the classrooms helping with tests. Sure enough, after my class there was a huge pile up of students in the hall. Guess what? The guys had waited until after class to fight. What a day.
Other than that, things have been okay this week--probably because we had 2.5 snow days.
Projected schedule:
Friday: TGIF
Saturday/Sunday: Weekendy things
Monday: Off for Martin Luther King day
Tuesday-Friday: work week
Saturday/Sunday: Weekendy things
Monday: Final Exams
Tuesday: Final Exams
Wednesday: Teacher work day (for new semester)
Thursday: First day of new job....?????? We'll see.
Off to bed! Zzzz
No comments:
Post a Comment