...is all I got from the AP class I taught today. I'll just say this: It was the most nerve-wrecking, awkward-silences class period I have ever taught. It didn't help that not only my college supervisor AND my cooperating teacher were sitting at the back table observing me. What a day. I'm absolutely determined to get more out of the kids tomorrow and to make class more interesting. Who would have thought AP would be so much more difficult than my other class? I ask them about word choice and diction, and they look at me like I just asked them what their favorite color was! haha. I need to step up my game. I will say this: I learned a lot today, and that is the most important thing. I should also add that I got a great review from both teachers--they could tell I was nervous, though. They said I will learn with experience. Overall, I got an "A" and I'm going to get my teaching license. Awesome.
Tonight should make up for it: Coffee with Laurie, leftover chicken parmesan, homework and planning in a cozy bed, and gym. Let the good times roll.
No comments:
Post a Comment