Monday, December 20, 2010

It's final! The Jeep has officially broken down. At least we made it about four months! I was thinking it was going to break down sooner than that. Unfortunately, as I've said before, it was fine when we bought it, but it started acting up about a week later. That's what I get for buying a used car! Ah, well, makes things more interesting that way, right!?

Anyway, it has been towed to a nearby car place to get fixed. So far they have told us the transmission fluid hose has fallen off, and the fluid has leaked out. So far our bill is $300.00. Woo! Let's hope that's all that's wrong, and it's not the transmission. That would be unaffordable at this point. Perfect timing for the holiday season! We had this happen last year, too... with our other car--different problem, though.

This is what's weird about the whole thing, and no I'm not superstitious: At least two other friends who own Jeeps, in the past week, have had their Jeeps break down. On the way to work this morning, I saw a dead Jeep on the side of the road. Lastly, when I posted that my Jeep was on the side of the road, an old friend told me that he was in another state, in his Jeep, at that moment, on the side of the road. Hahaha. How wonderful.

I need to start a Jeep forum!! I'd have enough people in just my group of friends. What's funny is that I still really want another Jeep after this one is gone for good. I always have loved them, and I think I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...