What a good Friday!!
I had a great day at school I'm not sure if it was just because it was Friday, but the whole day ran smoothly, and both my lesson went well! (I'll be teaching two classes each day from now on). My 3B block finished their summaries of the Declaration of Independence, and we hung them around the room. I made up a lesson as I went for 4th block, but it turned out great!! The sub even said she really loved my lesson. Did I tell you that yesterday I also got a compliment from another teacher? She said I was doing great (in comparison to some of the other younger teachers, I guess). Also, I may have mentioned this, but my observation went great yesterday! Overall, this day has been a great end to my week, and a wonderful boost of confidence in my teaching career.
And here goes... the rest of my Friday so far (and it's only 8 30!):
I went outside with L to carve pumpkins and hang out with neighbors. Well, after most of the neighbors made their exit, we sat on my stoop to carve the pumpkins. One of my neighbor's drunk roommates was outside, and he decided he wanted to join us! After chatting for a while, he wanted to take my pumpkin, so I let him. He wanted to draw the picture for me to carve, and that was fine too. He then wanted to carve my pumpkin! Haha. I'm not very good at it anyway, so I let him--plus I could use the other side if I wanted. He made a (pretty terrible) college acronym. I was pretty straight forward with him with how bad it was. Later he told me I seemed pretty laid back and asked where I was from blah blah. I didn't even tell him I liked music, and he wanted to use my laptop, so I let him (this is pretty much the story of the night). He played, rocked, and jammed out to his favorite music for an hour or so. I have to say it was pretty fun--too bad he probably won't remember it!! haha. We were discussing how great voices are, and how we both wished we could sing better (he sings a bit as well), and he wanted to play one of the "greatest" songs: Simple Man. I loved hearing that because I was introduced to that song this summer (as mentioned earlier in the blog). This guy, however, played the version by Shinedown. It was a really good version, but they didn't have the beautiful, moving guitar parts that Lynyrd Skynyrd does so well. Overall, GREAT song.
After a while, I had to hint that we were going in, and he said goodbye to everyone. He had earlier asked what we were doing tonight, but I told him I was probably going to bed earlier than he would expect.
It was just a really funny, entertaining couple of hours. What's hilarious is that I've met this guy maybe twice before because he's taken the neighbor's dog out for him before. Good times!!
Hope you're enjoying your Friday as much as I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment