This is all I said after work today. It was another learning experience to say the least! I am really enjoying it, even with the hard experiences I'm learning from, but it is still exhausting. How many times have I said this already? I feel like a broken record. Yet, I write on...
English is so incredibly huge. I don't really know how else to think of it. The thing that's different is that it is endless. The topic of literature can go on and on forever until the ends of the earth!...which is why I love it so much! However, it is really overwhelming to try to organize what I want to say as I go. As much of a scatter-brained undiagnosed A.D.D person I am (more than likely), it is pretty challenging. I feel perfectly comfortable (for the most part) talking in front of class, but sometimes I lack the proper sentence structure and choice of words in my language as I go. It's as if I can't find the right words to say. Maybe it's nerves? Maybe I'm just not comfortable with the content? Maybe it's lack of sleep? It could be a number of things.
All I know is even though I'm not getting paid for this experience (rather, I'm paying for it), it will definitely pay off in the end. I can't wait to actually have my own classroom instead of being in the strange position of student teacher/substitute/peer/friend/thing.
Until later...
Relax and roll with it. Just completely dork out on those kids. I know you're doing great! You love literature and that's important.
ReplyDeleteThanks :)
ReplyDelete