![]() |
| Halloween 2009 |
It's 10:16, and I am up LATE! I never thought I would say that. I am so close, yet so far from the ever-so-crazy days of college. I admit to enjoying the structure of the schedule, though I would prefer to sleep in more.
Anyhow, since all I talk about is school anymore, I wanted to let you know I am figuring out what teachers would sometimes leave out things on tests that they had just taught. I have been plowing (rather slowly) through Patrick Henry, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin. However, I am going to just finish Benjamin Franklin tomorrow (hopefully). I've told the students they will be tested on Friday. It just seems too rushed! They need to be tested, though, and it'll be better than waiting until Monday. I've written them a review guide (not telling them what is on the test, but rather a bullet list of things to know and study). Since they are juniors, I figure instead of taking Friday to review and push the test back, I'll just give them the review and tell them to study tomorrow night. The class is only 45 minutes, so the test can only be so long. I think they can do it! I'm really not sure, though.
I promised them brownies if at least 10 people bring their homework (completed) for me tomorrow. I have seen more zeros than I ever wanted to in the past few weeks, and I'm sick of it! Sure enough, many of them had it done before the end of the day--that just shows how easy the homework I am giving them is! (and they still don't do it). I'm hoping one treat will encourage them to continue doing homework...
I also started bathroom passes this week. They didn't like it, but they're handling it find and not arguing. I think they're realizing I'm not going to put up with their tricks, and I'm their teacher from now on. I've been pretty stern with them lately, but I also make sure to take time to laugh and smile with them. I'm having a great time. :)
Other than teaching, I don't have much going on! Haha. It has taken ovarrrrrrr.
Halloween is this weekend, though! I'm excited, but I have no costume. I've been a thrown-together hippie each year, just so I could have a "costume" to go downtown with. I want to be Wonder Woman so badly, but I just don't feel like spending $80 on a full costume, and I've waited too long to make one. Maybe I can pull it off?? It's basically my last year of being in a college town, so I need to go out! It's going to be a crazy weekend for sure. Downtown for Saturday night--I'll be hoping to see many people dressed up--last year was AWESOME.
Happy almost-Friday :)

No comments:
Post a Comment