Alright, so these morning blog posts are really just for me. I do not plan to entertain you in any manner; rather, plan to help myself wake up. I am ready a few minutes earlier than I was yesterday, so I have a few minutes to spare. I went to bed before 11 again last night, and I'm feeling much, much better than I did in my first week. However, now I have the fact that I'm going to take over full-time next week looming over my head. I found out today that after I teach colonial literature, I get to move on to people like Edgar Allen Poe, which is pretty cool. The best part of all this is that I will have a whole notebook filled with lesson plans for 11th grade English! I finally finally finally feel okay with my lesson plan for Patrick Henry as of now. Tonight I'm going to try to finish the Declaration lesson plan, then show my teacher all of the work tomorrow. Unfortunately, I also have to do Ben Franklin. So little time!! I will be teaching this class and another for the rest of the semester. Ohhhh my.
The worst and best part of waking up this early is taking the dog out. I hate doing it because there is no one outside, it feels isolated, and because my first day of student teaching ever, there were two drunk idiots that decided it would be funny to yell at me very loudly about four times. I freaked. The best part is that there is no one outside, it feels isolated (yes, repeating myself), and it is beautiful. It is the only time of day I see my yard and parking lot with absolutely no one in it but the breathing cold air.
I'm anxiously awaiting the days I have to get up earlier to defrost my car. I don't think I will like anything about morning then.
No comments:
Post a Comment