Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Slightly Depressed

So I got the '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee for my use. I spent a good amount of money for it, but not over what I thought was reasonable for an old car with some mileage on it. So far with only owning it for about a week, it has shown signs of not wanting to start and/or stalling. The first time I noticed was when I went to start the car and it kind of had a catch then cut out. I figured maybe it was something with how I turned the key. The next time I started the car it was obvious that it was hesitating to start. This evening when I left my friend's house to head home, it stalled as I was backing and pulling forward to get out of the parallel parking spot.

At this point I'm planning on driving it home this weekend for J's family reunion/bbq. I'm going to consult my dad and see what he thinks.

It's just frustrating that my first "real" car (I say this because the others were either passed down or were $300 from an old boyfriend's grandpa), and it's already showing signs of old age. Other than the random stalling today, the Jeep is all I've ever wanted. I friggin' love Jeeps.

My biggest fear? I have been reading '96 Jeep forums for the past hour or more working myself up about it. There are hundreds of posts about these cars stalling and especially problems with the dealers/mechanics not knowing how to fix it. Turns out many people have the problem while driving full speeds.

Does this make me nervous? Yes. I guess we'll just see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...