Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Happy September!
About this time of year, I start getting ready for fall. As much as I deeply love summer heat and everything that comes with it (except mosquitoes), I tend to begin to think of sweaters and brisk walks and leaves changing colors. Each year I am reminded that I love fall. Can it be true that I love all seasons for specific, different reasons? Close. Fall is perfect for pumpkins and warm pictures and open windows. Winter is the one that I pretty much despise for all reasons having to do with extreme cold and feeling like I can't go outside unless I'm carrying an extra bag of clothes so that I can wear them to work then have to take three layers off at work. However, I enjoy the holiday season, and snow is okay, too. Winter also makes me want to cuddle and sit by a fire, and that's a nice, cozy feeling. Spring is perfect because the weather is at the point where I wear shorts, even though I would normally think it is cold. It is the time after the long winter, and I have waited so long to see green and yellow and blue. Summer.....summer is me. Summer is letting go and wearing as little clothes as possible. Summer is swimming and feeling free. It means I can sit in the grass as long as I want and, more importantly, stay out as late as I want, without it getting cold. I could stay out all night in the summer watching the sky that doesn't move. Everything is relaxed.
So this is why I am sad to know that summer is close to an end, but I'm excited about what follows. Although I know I will be complaining about my lack of winter clothes and lack of funds for winter clothes in just a few short months, and I will be cursing the cold air that hits my face at 5 a.m. every morning, I am going to attempt to make the best of it. This year will fly by just as all the others have, and each year will make me older. Hello, Fall (according to school semesters), and welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment