I begin by saying I wish I had pictures of this weekend; however, my battery for the camera was dead. My brother came to visit, and I invited him to the football game. We wake up on Saturday to see cloudy skies, no biggy--right? The game began and so did the rain. Harder. Harder. Harder. It became a flowing stream down my cheeks, hair, and body. My brother had a weather-proof jacket on, so he didn't get the worst of it, though he was also drenched by the end. It's funny to think I was trying to blow-dry my hair before the game because I waited to shower until the last minute. No need! We stayed until the third quarter and began our walk home. It was getting really cold for me at that point! I have to say, though, it was a memorable few hours for my brother and I, it was his first game experience, and I know we both will always remember it.
Today I didn't do much, but I'm okay with that... especially on a Sunday. It turned out to be a great day. I was outside much of the time with the dogs, chatting along with the neighbors. I also made a trip to taste my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. Later this evening I made dinner and dessert with a neighbor of mine. We made breaded chicken and noodles and peach pie. Ah-ma-zing! The best part: she sent me home with the pie. I get to have more tomorrow! :)
Speaking of tomorrow... I have a lot to do. Even though I don't have to go into school until I hear from the advisor, I'm taking advantage and going to the DMV. Unfortunately, it's a lot of extra tedious work to get a car registered, titled, etc., after being bought. I've never done it before, but I'm just going to grab a stack of papers and hope I have enough information for them to grant me all information necessary to drive the car! The only problem I see is having proof of insurance... We have insurance but no printer. I might have to stop by the school first (yuck) to get some sort of proof.
J is feeling like he's coming down with a cold, so I'm hoping he feels better soon. Let's hope I don't do the same after all that cold rain!
PS: update on the concealer/make-up post: I definitely bought the wrong color.. my face looks almost splotchy when I put it on. Failure on my part.. make-up is just not worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment