I've had a great weekend so far.
J and I took a drive through the country to explore a bit. It has always been a favorite hobby of mine--to simply drive somewhere new. I've done it a few times in this area, only to find that the roads are seriously curvy! It was super tiring to drive down some of them when I just wanted to relax haha. However, it's always worth it because I find that later on, I'll know a road from a previous drive I've done by myself, and I'm also better at connecting directions in my mind. I think I got this trait from my dad, who is also a lover of driving and exploring. Anyhow, the road eventually connected to another, and we ended up getting back to town! The road actually ended in a T, and I'd like to go back so that I can find out what is to the right, not the left which is the direction we chose. I might grab some coffee and go tomorrow morning... a way to greet the day.
Now for more of my weekend. Last night, I went out with a group of girls for drinks and food downtown. I got to meet a lot of new people, and I also got to observe the many new students or freshman walking the streets. I met up with my friend who was with his coworkers that I had heard about a lot in stories. It's great to finally meet someone because you can see how funny the imaginary images of them in your head compare to reality. I think this is why I appreciate photos so much. They were all very nice, and I met a couple others that gave me a few good laughs, which is always appreciated. The night ended very late but it was definitely worth it. When you're having a good time it doesn't really matter how late it is. I only slept about two to three at my friend's house, though, so I was in my bed until early afternoon, trying to catch up on sleep.
Today I had the girls over for dinner--spaghetti. We played Quiddler the word game, and Worms the video game. Both are seriously addicting.... and I'm not a video game kind of gal. Great night... it was even better when I opened my mailbox to find my first Real Simple subscription magazine waiting for me. Awesome. I have Laurie to thank for that!
Everyone starts back to school on Monday... except me. I have another two weeks until student teaching, but I have plenty of things to keep me busy. I plan on reading every day and making lesson plans or writing. I would like to find samples of my writing on my hard drive to put in my portfolio notebook. I also would like to check into applying for teaching jobs, such as when I should begin.
I finally went running in my new shoes this weekend, and it felt great. I don't care if it was all downhill and less than a mile--the point is it made me feel positive and energized, and that's what I need right now. Today I wasn't thrilled to do much at all (late night), but tomorrow I should be able to get out again. I'm also hoping to swim. You wouldn't believe how much I love swimming and how sad I am that it is close to the end of pool season.
An update on Ava and her paw: She has healed from the first and had the same problem occur in her front paw. We had to take her to the vet for another $85 visit, but at least they offered us a refill. I can't stand how the other office we were going to acted like they were cheaper, but they weren't, and they always added fees. Plus, after you visited, they would want to see you again in the next few days. We never went back because we didn't need to. However, it would have been much more considerate of them to have also offered us a refill, instead of having to go back for another $35 visit. The new place we found is $55 per visit, but they actually acted concerned with the cat and willing to work with us. The antibiotics seem to be helping the second problem, but they still don't know what is causing it. There is a large scab on her paw, but we're not sure what from. The only thing I can think of is a fight with the dog or her landing on something.. it almost looks like a burn.
It's getting late. I expected to be in bed earlier, only so that I can start getting into a better groove for school. It's looking like I might be getting up around 5 am everyday because I just found out that the school I will be working in starts class at 7:30 am. What are they--crazy!? My stomach isn't even awake enough to eat that early. Talk to you tomorrow, readers....
No comments:
Post a Comment