Monday, August 23, 2010

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

It's official: I have finished the book. I really, really enjoyed it. I find that any book such as this or The Sun Also Rises or This Side of Paradise all have the adventure that I enjoy escaping to. There's not too much, but there's some drama mixed in that keeps the pages turning. My favorite character was probably Gatsby himself, because of his mystery, but also his hope in a dream that he was patient about reaching. The ending was very sad, but it also had a completion to it...to show us a true character that deserved more. I wish the book wasn't over, which is why I tend to read over a longer period of time... so that I envision myself in the world, build the characters' friendships, and take place in it a little each day. Overall, great experience, and I recommend the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...