Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Visit.

(Drinking is fun, but the next day things move rather slowly for a while. Now I'm back to speed, sitting in a local food place grabbing some internet.)

This weekend has been awesome. My best friend came to visit, and we stayed busy almost the entire time. We went tubing, saw Despicable Me (so good!!), ate at the local Mediterranean joint, went downtown for a good hangout, went to the pool, etc. We also celebrated her birthday, which is in a week or so. Since I knew I wouldn't be able to visit her, I surprised her with cake and gifts. I'm not a perfectionist by any means, but I have to say this is probably the most interpretive cake I've ever made. It was made late at night after I moved all day. And I had to think creatively. Can you tell what name it is? I should really consider being a cake decorator. And I think I'm more confident in my making-my-own-wedding-cake idea. ;)


Tubing was great because she had never been before. The only thing was the amount of dragon flies that wanted to sit on us. It also began thundering near the end and raining once we got out to eat (3rd time this has happened. It's just bad luck I guess.)

We had fun taking pictures throughout the entire weekend, so here's a few more:

 Good memories are always made with her. 

(And the others, of course, but I don't have time to post more pictures!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...