I have successfully moved (most) of my stuff into my new apartment. It's a nice little place with a good view of the "yard"--the grounds which hold a basketball hoop, a grill, and a lot of nice grass. I'm at my old place right now eating internet while I still can. Not sure how long it will be before I get it at the new place. Let's just say I'm going to have to get creative with where I do the huge amount of homework I've been needing to (yes, still) catch up on. It piled up more now that I took about 4 days off to move.
A few downfalls so far:
1. The door lock was completely disfunctional. I barely got in to the place. They're going to change it I hope.
2. My cell phone service SUCKS!! I was NOT prepared for this problem AT ALL. I tried talking to my mom and it was a bit crackly. I'll pretty much have to stand by the door. If I wasn't stuck in a 2-year agreement with AT&T, I'd be switchin'.
3. I can no longer use the regular (cheap) internet and cable I've been using at my old apartment. We have to use some specific company... and the internet+cable package is still $100.00! That is insane. I'm used to paying $60.00 for both. I'm totally bummed. No more cable for me, probably. I guess I'll see how long I last. Thing is, my computer is too old to handle me watching hulu constantly... but maybe I'll be so busy I won't miss TV?
The GREAT things:
1. I love the den we have with this one-bedroom place. It's perfect for chillin out with my animals, doing work at the window, or watching TV (if this ever happens) on my mini TV if the other is hogged. Good stuff.
2. Location. I can pretty much get to a bookstore, coffee house, gas station, or grocery store in about two minutes. If I was still a student, I could also say the same for campus. Awesome. ALSO, I am now close to a lot of friends who live in the area. I will be able to bike to a couple of my friends' place in about two minutes. Very excited about that.
More later.... gotta get going to finish packing up more items.... like my cat for instance. Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment