Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sleepy

I await the moment I will be able to drift away to a sleepy serenity tonight. Right now, there's a ton of noise coming from upstairs. It sounds like a group of loud men yelling and walking quickly back and forth, over and over again. I just want to go up there and tell them to calm down.

Instead I write...

The rest of my day went well after the coffee house. I helped a friend find a nice outfit for his conference next week--black polo and khakis. As much as I hate khakis, we found a nice pair (Dockers rule!!). Also, as much as he hates dressing up, he looked very nice.

We drifted to Barnes and Noble where I amped up my motivation to keep reading, and I bought another book: Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. It's one of the books on the list for student teaching. The first impression for me is that I really need to begin working on it, because it's a cultural book with a lot of strange words in it. I just know I'll pronounce them all wrong.

It was obvious to me today, however, how much I was lagging after a late night (definitely worth it) and a backache  at the coffee house (from natural life cycles). I just need a good massage and a fluffy pillow.

And the noise continues upstairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...