...is where my talent sits in life. Writing is one of the best ways to escape without feeling guilty. A few things are on my mind so far today:
1. Hospital bills from the surgery. I got one for just over $1100.00 today. After calling, I found out they hadn't put it through to insurance yet, so I can hope it will be covered. If not I'll do my best to pay and my parents will help. This makes me feel pretty bad, though, because my feet surgeries only 2 years ago (or around that time) came to over $8000.00--much more, I think. My parents and I had to do a payment plan to get it all worked out. Thank God I was let off of some of the remaining amount when I proved I had no money and was in college...not sure if I'll be able to put that off this time. On another note, I am very thankful the hospital saved my life, and the surgeon did her thing, but I still hate how they charge you for every. little. thing. I could never work as a nurse/doctor/anythingofthesort.
2. Books I want to read but can't. I bought To Kill A Mockingbird, Bird by Bird, and One Day, all of which look great. I read the first a long time ago, but I want to refresh my memory. The second is a part memoir part tips on writing, the life of being a writer, etc. It's written first person (my favorite) by a woman who grew up with a father who was a writer, then became one herself. The last is a romantic book (which I usually never go for), but it got high ratings in a magazine I was reading. What I've heard is that the author takes these two people and follows them one day of each year to see how their relationship progresses. They both go their separate ways, whether or not it was really what they wanted, yet they keep in touch--even after marriage, kids, etc. This book sounds amazing to me, but also heartwrenching, considering how much I think about how many possibilities there are in life, the reasons for deciding to do one thing or another, and relationship paths in general. It's interesting to see who comes and goes in and out of life and where they all end up going. Since I've been out of high school for god, five years now, I think about this more and more. I'm hoping this book will be like The Tiime Traveler's Wife, which made me swoon. I'm also hoping they have the same type of structure--dated, broken up--because my attention span lasts longer for books like these.
3. New York. My mom might visit NY this next week because my grandma has a problem with her jaw/teeth. My uncle has been helping a lot, but he also has to work a lot, and my aunt is out-of-town. My mom is 12 hours away, but she's the only other person that can really help. I wish I could go. I only see this family once each year (unless I made a second trip with a friend, which I am known to do), and they mean everything to me. I'm going up with family in August, and they rented a cabin on the river. It's going to be amazing. My other uncle from CA who I haven't seen in over 12 years will be there, too, which will make it interesting. Basically, I hope my grandma gets through this issue alright, I wish I could be there to help, and I'm wishing mom a good and safe trip.
Here are some pictures from New York over the years:






No comments:
Post a Comment