Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Year One at New Job = COMPLETE

In July of last year, I was insanely nervous to start my new job. In August, I had decided it was the worst decision I had ever made, and I was very bitter and sad. By early October, we had a very scary threat at the school, and I felt scared and concerned. By late October, I could tell the school was a true family. We helped each other out and got through a terrifying situation. By November, the students had gotten to know me, and I knew them. We had been through a lot together, and we were out of the let's-try-to-get-her-to-quit-cause-she's-new-and-innocent phase. They knew I wasn't going anywhere, By December, I was sad to see them go--but excited for the new group. By February, I was absolutely in love with my second semester kids, and my full-year kids and I finally understood each other. By April, I was wondering why the year was going so quickly. By May, I was laughing every single day and wondering how I would get through the summer without "my kids."

It's my first official day of summer. I am currently lounging on the couch with a bowl of ice cream while my toddler sleeps and my husband plays a video game. I spent my morning outside watering plants, taking a family walk in the field, and playing with my son. 

Since the move, we have said goodbye to some, but met so many more. I have a caring, strong English department to work with. Our new church is becoming our second family, and I joined a Bible study for the first time in my life. Our home is in a great location, and we live close to many of the people we are getting to know.

Overall, this year was awesome (well, let's say by the second half...). The school year is over, but I'm so ready for next year. It was not a good start, but it was a fantastic ending. Now I can relax knowing I'm right where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...