Sunday, May 4, 2014

Pre-baby fun

pre-baby activities

In the two weeks before Charlie's due date (which has now passed), we have kept busy. I've been working every day, but listed below are some other things we have done:

- April 19: ice cream with Matt and mom who came to visit!

- April 26: Art show with Dana and friends for school. 11-3. Good times, beautiful artwork, mom brought us lunch and bought Charlie a super hero cape!

- April 27: BLT with avocado sandwiches, friends over from work, game time, lunch on the back deck under the umbrella

- April 30: to my attempt-to-get-things-rolling appointment with Dana; doctor was sure it would work! Afterward, we got a great "last meal" of Chinese buffet, which I hadn't had in forever. SO GOOD. Then we go Castor Oil and called it a night.

- May 1: Nothing worked from the previous day; realization that it could be much later on started to settle in, along with my loose stomach, went to work the next day anyway, after only sleeping a couple of hours due to fake contractions and stomach fun! :) It's a good thing I didn't stay home from work. I would have been wondering if something would happen all day, and sure enough, it still hasn't!

- Captain America: Winter Soldier (not sure what day), but we were the ONLY TWO PEOPLE in the theater! It was AWESOME. I thought it was meant to be, totally.

- May 2: downtown mall for Fridays after Five, pizza, music, tried to find the lemon cupcakes but they were closed, didn't take the elevator in the parking garage, cleaned glasses at the mall, too swollen to go to the movie

- May 3: The Amazing Spider Man II, shopping trip to Anthropologie, coffee at the best place, lunch with mom, visit from Steve, cleaned car, ice cream with Lindsey and John, new knife set (lol), J sent me flowers and I almost told the lady "I'm not interested in anything you have." It's a good thing I didn't because it was a home flower delivery. Those things always freak me out lol. J gave me a beautiful card and a sweet gift commemorating the babe.

- May the 4th be with you? More than likely, no. It's already 10:30 a.m., and I'm not feeling any different. My labor will likely last into the next day.

- Cinco de Mayo? Day of the Dead? As weird as people may think this is, I think it's a sweet birthday for a kid. We have hispanic culture in our small northern family, and this day doesn't have to be dark, so it'd be fine!

- Next big day? May 11, Mother's Day. Sure, this could be nice, but I'm not sure if he would want to share a birthday with a holiday?

I'll probably be induced before then, even though I don't want to be, because Charlie will be getting big, and the doctor will want to get him out while he and I are still healthy!

We've done more than the list above, but I'll edit this later. I just had to jot down a few things!

WISH US LUCK!

See you tomorrow at work...




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...