Can I Make it? Will I?
I'm talking about the rest of the school year, people. I'm telling you, it's just about to kill me! Teaching seniors makes things that much harder. Not only do I see the misery in their faces, but it brings joy to know they are graduating, which makes me feel (somewhat) bad for giving them more and more work!
This week has been going by so eternally slow. It's trying to kill me. I've been trying to do things to keep me busy, but nothing seems to be working. It's also to the point where I'm nearing the end of my curriculum (there's always more, but there's also a point I like to stop), but there are still 4 weeks + 2 days left with my seniors. That's a lot of days when you want to keep kids motivated and happy, yet still get work done. It's a fight I just don't feel like fighting right now!
In other news, I took a drive to a nearby consignment shop/boutique to find some new work clothes for spring, and I was successful! I never seem to have luck at thrift stores, but this one has the brands I like, such as Ann Taylor and The Limited, so I actually found clothes that work for me - but with great prices. I should also mention that it's not the fact that the clothes are name brand that matter to me, but name brand items not only last longer (for me at least), but they also just seem to fit my body better. I did give cheaper stores a shot for a while, but it just didn't work out.
So, while at the shop, I found a few great items. For instance, I got a great jacket for work for $15, and it probably normally sold for at least $50. A few other things I got: work capris from The Limited, black shirt from Belk, spring sweater from Talbots, spring shirt from American Eagle (not really my store, but hey, it was cute!), vintage Dooney and Bourke bag ($30), and a Vera Bradley wallet. All-in-all, it was a "successful shopping trip," as my mom always says. It was an early birthday present. Unfortunately, I'm going to want to go back every week to see what new things they have. :)
Goodnight, all.
No comments:
Post a Comment