Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday!

Hey there, readers. I'm off today as I have a three-day weekend! It's really beautiful, actually, because we got some snow yesterday that is now uninterruptedly melting off the tall trees in my front yard. Snow is definitely one of those outstanding pleasures in life. I only wish I was small again so I could fit under caves and build fortresses... wait, I still do that! It's just more rare that we actually get enough snow to do something fun like that.

In other news, I had quite the productive weekend. On Saturday, J and I did a ton of work around the house. We blew and raked leaves for hours. I mean, we started late morning and ended at dark. The reason we had that many leaves is because this house was unoccupied for over six months after the seller moved out. When fall came along, all the leaves fell (we have tons of huge trees), and no one picked them up. It created a leaf yard, basically. It actually seems a lot bigger now that the leaves are (mostly) gone.

On Sunday, I visited my friend Laurie. We had a nice time exploring her city, shopping, eating amazing food, and just talking. It's always a relief to catch up with friends!

... which is what brings me to my next post. I feel compelled to write about what I miss about college and what I don't miss. I've been living a completely different life now than I had been for over three years, and I'd like to write down my thought process. One of the major downfalls of this year? I don't see my old friends. However, there are so many other great things happening in my life. I couldn't really tell you which life I prefer at this point, so I'm going to jot it down. Those of you who have been to a large college and are now settling in will know exactly where I'm coming from.

More to come later. For now, enjoy this awesome song, even though it's a bit sad. It's filled with emotion, and I like the video. Off to take the dog walking through the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...