Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Soon enough...

First of all, I hope you are all having a wonderful, relaxing holiday. For all you teachers out there, happy break! We are enjoying it more than you can imagine.

At this time, we thought we would be in our new house, but as circumstances have commanded, we are still in our town home, waiting as patiently as we can. Turns out the government laid off twenty workers (out of twenty-three) in the state department, so there are very few people working on the many house loans. Not to mention, it's the holidays, so I'm sure they're working a little slower than usual.

The good news is that no matter what, we'll be in our house in the next month -- or at least, that what we've been told. Also, we had our lease through January 8th here at our place, so we're not homeless (and we can extend it if needed). Also, because we had time, we set up our Christmas tree! :)

Justin is feeling better. His ankle has been re-wrapped with another type of splint. He still won't be able to walk for at least a month, but he can move around more without as much pain. We've been having fun together, going out to shop every few days.

For Christmas, we've been planning on spending the Eve with my family (per usual), and eating Christmas lunch at J's grandparents' house. For our break so far, we've been shopping, wrapping presents, having stay-in movie days together (today), and spending time with family. It has been more than wonderful, and I'm not even thinking about how quickly it will be over. I'm enjoying each day!!

Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

This is Parker. This picture reminds me of Bethlehem. Photo by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...