Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday before back-to-work


It has been such an enjoyable break. (Sadie has loved us being home all day.)

On Wednesday, we went to mom and dad's for dinner, which was really nice. We had these amazing, incredible tacos. Really -- they were exotic -- and amazing. I'm already thinking of the day I can have them again. Basically, mom bought everything Chipotle has and much more. MMmm.

Today, Dana and I headed to a magnificent inn to enjoy a ritzy, well-earned meal. We both had medium-rare, extremely tender steak. It was sitting on a cheese fondue spread, topped with broccoli. It was a small amount of food, but just right, and the tenderness was worth every bite. I will be bringing Justin there as soon as possible.. not to mention, the inside of the building was absolutely stunning. Large ornaments hanging from modern strip lighting across the tall ceiling. It was the perfect mix of rustic and modern, rich and traditional.

Now, Phil is here!! I'm so psyched about it. Although I don't really hang out with the guys while they're playing their game sand talking their nerd-talk, it's just nice to hear the voices conversing again from the days when we were just a few miles away. We used to spend hours and hours and Phil's house before going to college. Once we went to college, he kind of followed close behind to live with a friend in our new neighboring county. Although we didn't see him AS often, we could still see him in just thirty minutes. Now, we're 3.5 hours away -- not good. It's always nice to be with him again. We hope (and pray) he'll be back in the area sooner rather than later.

In other news, I have a post about how much I miss and yearn for college every now and then, but I haven't really finished it. I've been wanting to write it for a while -- or make a list, I guess -- of the top and bottom aspects about getting into the "real world." Luckily, I don't think about college enough to get depressed or anything (some people do have after-college depression -- or I've spoken to someone who had it, at least), but when I do get nostalgic about it, it is painful!! To think of the freedom I once had.... oh man. Anyway, more on that later! :D

Happy New Year, everyone.

I'll have to do a New Years post like I did last year. What goals have I completed for this year??

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...