Things have been wild around here lately. We've been so busy!
First of all, I'd like to wish the best and her hubby a wonderful anniversary - they've had four nice years together!
Because it's an important occasion in Dana's life, it calls for another step in ours (ha - not really, but these things tend to happen more than intended). Justin proposed to me on D's birthday (almost midnight) last year, and now we're....
putting an offer in on a house, signed and dated 11/3/11. I should mention that it is also my half-birthday, and this is a lovely half-birthday present for me.
However, who knows what will happen. We are putting in a nice low offer on this special house of choice, but they probably won't take it right away. Without getting into detail, it's definitely a buyers' contract - everything is kind of helping us out. They would have to pay a significant amount to help with things, so we'll see what they decide.
It's a lovely farmhouse/colonial style with a one-car garage. 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths. .95 acres (it feels so huge and it's beautiful with big trees!), front porch, some hardwood, the rest brand new carpet, big back deck, big storage shed, mud foyer area, dining room, kitchen, living room. It's around 1700 square feet -- no basement -- and it feels like the perfect size for us. It's not too big and not too small. It's also in a great neighborhood, so that's really exciting.
I decided the no basement thing was okay in the end. I have always had one, so I always just assume I need one, but the only real reason is for my phobia of (really, really) bad weather -- hey, it's somewhere to run to -- and since we don't get super bad weather very often, I really don't feel the need to have one. Also, my parents have one, and at no time in the past ten years have we gone downstairs during a bad storm. It's just very rare. Anyhow...
Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment