Sunday, April 10, 2011

5 days!?

Oh my--how is it that it has been five days without me posting? How is it that I just haven't been blogging as faithfully as I used to? It must be the warm weather getting me outside away from technology (sort of). For instance, today my friends and I did some bird calling. Basically, we used the smart phone to make bird calls. This created anger in the surrounding birds and entertainment for all!

Where do I begin with what I've been up to this week? Well, we had two cookouts on our friend's mini grill - one night of steak and another of burgers. We started using the neighborhood grill, but it's surrounded by bushes (some idiot put them there), and we caught the bush on fire. This isn't just a small bush, either. This is a bush taller than us. Let's just say it was a chaotic few minutes of my friends and I running back and forth with water bowls, screaming profanities throughout the neighborhood. Good times.

What else has happened this week? I had two parent-teacher conferences, and they went very well! You know you're a young teacher when the parents end with "bless your heart" or "thank you honey." At least they're being nice, and maybe they won't have outrageous expectations! Let me stay looking young!

I love my pets. I took Sadie on a walk today which only reinforced my love for dogs. We met another dog, and I automatically burst into my dog sweet-talk, spoiling it with pets--and I didn't even know the thing! I used to always be skiddish of dogs--especially those unknown. I'm a completely changed woman. Sadie still growled a little at the horses, which is absolutely adorable, because that's what she did when she was a puppy. I'll have to show you the pictures side-by-side soon--priceless!

My kitty was stalking a fly today, so Justin lifted her and let her catch it. She killed the thing, then tried to eat it! It was so funny to watch--it was such a task to eat such a small fly. She didn't even finish eating it, so we threw it away. I'm just glad she can kill flies--I hate them.

My wedding is in mid-June, and it's getting very close. I have a bridal shower in two weeks. I am finding that more people can come than expected, and I'm more than grateful. It's weird to think that people actually want to come to these things...I guess I'm not giving myself enough credit? I just assume people have more exciting things to do. Weddings are actually a huge deal, and people really take them seriously! (I already see that people have bought us our pots and pans, among other things! yay!)

I'm absolutely thrilled that we had a day of beautiful weather. It's been a couple weeks of cold, rainy days, which really ends up wearing on you. I'm realizing how amazing it is to be able to have my camera in-hand, without my hands being cold! It's so great. This means I can take pictures anytime I want now without struggling, and I can share some with you.

Below are some pictures of the past couple of weeks--they're not in any particular order, and I'll try to explain each one in the caption. Have a wonderful (yet dreaded) Monday, and I look forward to updating this blog in a couple of days!

We bought Sadie a new "baby." She has yet to destroy her other baby, the Hedghog, and she seems to enjoy mothering them.

Sadie, all grown up, looking at the horses (and the leash getting in the way).

Ginny bird-calling with the smart phone.

Ava catching her fly!

Ava working on her fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...