Sunday, February 27, 2011

Are you sure?

Has it truly been an entire week without a post? That is highly unlikely but true! This week has been wild. It seemed like I had something to do every day after school that would last a couple of hours, whether it be staying with a student, discussing wedding ring details with a jeweler, going to the gym, or having dinner with a friend.

It was a pretty good week at school. The students were working with me as I tried to talk over this cold I've had for days (add to the list above: going to the doctor). I never get medicine for colds, but this became more than a cold when I started coughing and hacking, so I got an antibiotic to help get rid of it.

My wedding ring is now safely at Dana's house awaiting June. Justin and I went to the jeweler and had them make a new ring out of the ring I already had. They used the diamonds to create a tension set (though the diamonds are very small--so you can't tell as much as the larger diamonds) wedding band to go with my ring. We're ordering Justin's ring soon. It's going to be a beautiful woven-metal ring.

I've had dinner a couple of times this week. The first time was when I went with Ginny for a girls night. It's always nice to catch up with the old roomie. Seems like we have a lot going on these days, but that's what makes getting together fun. The second time was last night when we had a seafood night out with Laurie. Good times! We started with a frozen, fruity beverage and ended with dessert (with everything in between!). It was so good, and we had a great time laughing and talking about our weekend.

The largest event from this week began on Friday and ended Saturday evening: job interviews. J had originally signed up for a job fair about four hours away (close to where we want to live), so he was schedule for eight interviews. I went with him because I signed up as a walk-in which meant that I had to go table to table and see if they had any openings. Sure enough, I was able to snatch five interviews right away. To my surprise, however, many of them had no English positions opening up for next year. Even more surprising? There were a couple of schools desperate for a Physics/math teacher. All of the interviews went fairly well. It was so exhausting! By the end of the day, we could barely drive home. We decided to take advantage of the trip and drive through one of the areas that Justin is likely to get a job. Turns out it wasn't very pretty, which made me feel a little negative about the whole..moving thing. However, it is close enough to an area we would be okay living in that it was worth it. I'm hoping to get closer, though, to our families and friends. The area yesterday (even if we live in a good area) would be almost an hour drive for both of us--and we would be going in the opposite direction. I got a very positive reaction for a middle school opening in my hometown. We'll see! I wouldn't mind teaching middle school if it could get me into the location of choice. I could always work back up to high school.

Overall, I don't even want to think about all of these things. It's easy to enjoy it when you just assume you can get into the area of choice, but yesterday opened our eyes to the lack of job openings. Our dream may not happen right away. My biggest concern is that we would move somewhere to find jobs...get used to the area (and comfortable) and stay there to raise a family. I am determined to get even closer than an hour and a half to my family by the time we have kids. This is probably because I lived 12 hours from my grandparents and family my whole life.We'll see what happens I guess...

So far today I have cleaned the kitchen some, made some dog treats, and organized some laundry. Now I sit to enjoy my coffee and write. I realize that Sundays might become one of my better days now that it's getting warm. It really is beautiful to relax, clean, and plan--all with the windows wide open and the fresh air rolling in. It feels SO much better than a Sunday with freezing temperatures and no bird songs. Enjoy your day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...