Yes. Can you believe it? Most mornings I wake up only to turn into J's arms and dream about staying home all day. Alarm rings. I sit in misery. Alarm rings again. I make miserable faces in the dark. Basically, I just feel really, really sorry for myself. As you may have gathered, I am not a morning person. Everything about the teaching profession fights against my wants (and needs), but somehow I get to work on time each day. Amazing.
I write this to tell you the positive news of having a good morning--no complaining, no faces, no grunts. I woke up after a dream about exploring a beach. I felt relaxed, happy, and positive. I turned to J to tell him how good I felt, even though I wasn't sure why.
So, tonight, I'm getting in bed as soon as I stop typing. I'm closing my eyes and enjoying the cool sheets. I'm hoping for another positive morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment