Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Creative Needs

I'm getting bored with my food. I'll go as far as to say I'm bored with all the crappy, unhealthy food I've been eating, if you can believe that. I've made a trip to the grocery store, and after filling the cart with food, I'm ready to start trying to bring creativity with food into my life. I also want to eat healthier and add exercise into the mix. The place is here that I will talk/rant/list/rejoice about these things -- on top of everything else (and there's enough today that I'm not even going to go there--I'm so glad this work day is over!)

Tonight I had:

noodles with olive oil, tomatoes, avocado
grape juice, water
small bowl of dark chocolate chips for dessert

It was really good! I will have to cut the serving size a bit if I really want to see a difference. Basically, I lost a good 10-15 pounds through Spring/Summer last year, and I plan to start early this year--and really make it a lifestyle (let's hope). I'm happy with how I look for the most part, but I really miss the days of running around and being more active. I am always happier when I'm more active, and I feel so much better about myself and my life overall. I've always known my family members' natural therapy is to be outdoors. I just need to make it more of a habit, even if it means to be outside in the very cold weather for more than five minutes. I'm excited to work with my friend Laurie as we will cook together, get creative ideas (yes?), try new recipes, try some fresh veggie recipes, etc. When it gets warm, hopefully we'll be running outside again. I'm going to try to run before it gets warm...

Let's uplift each other in this long process of regaining the lifestyle and body needed! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...