Saturday, January 1, 2011

And We Begin The New Year


 I forgot to mention yesterday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PHIL!!! Phil is a great friend of mine, but I don't get to see him as often as I would want. He had his annual party on New Years Eve, but unfortunately, we couldn't make it. I hear it was great, though!

In other news:

Already I am reminded of the many things I need to do this year, this month, this day, this hour. Luckily, I have been successful in getting some of it done already...

Put away Christmas decorations: CHECK
4 loads of laundry: CHECK
Begin cleaning room: CHECK

As far as what needs to get done:

Finish cleaning room.
Drama plans for the next 3.5 weeks (I've been putting this off)
English 9 plans for the next 3.5 weeks (Ditto)
Grade reading quizzes (Ditto)
Grade short stories (Ditto)
Get ring appraised.
Child Abuse "class" online

Ack! There is so much to get done, and I sit on the couch. I have one day left before I head back to work, so I've got to get at least the school-related items done. Why do I put it off? Not sure. One day I'll learn. If I can at least get the next week planned, I'll feel good. Thing is, if I'm offered the English position for the remainder of the year, I'll need to start planning for that. Wouldn't that be crazy? First-time teacher, first-time job, beginning in the middle of the year. Wow.

Anyhow, the reason I didn't get more done today is because I had a great day doing other things. I began by finishing the Modern Family season 1 DVDs I got from J for Christmas. I LOVE that show. I could watch the whole season again..right now..and I don't say that about many shows or movies. J and I then went to town to walk into B&N to use my gift card (found two books: Little Bee and Steinbeck's King Arthur novel I've been wanting for a while). I tried to find crafts at Michaels to try things out for the wedding, but they didn't have much of a selection. J and I then stopped for dinner at a restaurant that we got a gift card for (theme, anyone?) and had a great time. We got a booth upstairs and got to spend some quality time together. J actually didn't want to leave, but I made him get up.  

Now I head back to my family, my pets, and my chores. The days are getting longer already, and I'm desperately reaching for Spring air. I can't wait.


Enjoy January :)

PS: Did I tell you my aunt is singing when I walk down the aisle? She used to sing in theater in NYC, and she's amazing. We thought of singing something together, but any pressure taken off me is probably best. I'll keep the song a secret until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...