Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I have officially returned home from a week-long break for the holidays. I received mostly gift cards for Christmas and a few other things to enjoy. With my gift cards, I've purchased a few clothes for work/everyday and a couple accessories for my camera. 

Jet and Sadie
Laurie drove back and met up with Dana and I one day which was awesome! She hadn't been to my parents' house for years, so we met there to check out the location for the wedding--which is great, by the way--unless it rains, but we won't think negatively. We went shopping together in my favorite town, ate at Chipotle (which was surprisingly very, very good), and relaxed while we talked for at least an hour. While talking, Laurie mentioned that she wants try to move back to that area, and I was quietly excited!

The brother making us breakfast.
My family and I spent a good amount of time playing Yahtzee, and luckily my uncle sent me the game as a gift also. We all went out for seafood one night with our gift cards (mom's way of getting us all out for a family dinner together--good idea, I might add), which was so gooood. I had Mahi Mahi topped with lobster and "lump crab meat." We had a nice Christmas together, though as I get older, it feel slightly more strange to get more than a couple of gifts. I wonder if I'll have as much next year now that I'll be "independent" (and married). 
More picture-taking.
Dana and I took a day to get coffee at my favorite joint and work on wedding invitations. We stopped to see some old friends where we used to work which was wonderful. They hadn't seen me since the engagement, and since they worked with Justin, too, they were and are very excited for the occasion. 

Hippo girl.
I got a lot of compliments on my long hair throughout the week, which was surprising to me. Personally, the longer it gets, the heavier and more tangled it gets--maybe that's only noticeable to me? I plan to keep growing it as long as I can stand it! :) It is definitely worth it because I can throw my hair up in a hair tie any time I want. My bangs are also growing out... which I haven't decided on yet. I feel like my forehead is quite large--not a bad thing, just a family trait--so I need to see how I look without them. I always end up going back to the bangs. 
Bangs in mid-growth haha.
 Now that I'm back, it's back to thinking about school and cleaning. It's time to put away the Christmas decorations and get ready for the new year. I have to plan for the next 3.5 weeks of school, but as of recently, I haven't been stressed about that at all. I am reminded how much I like the kids. I think it's just the dread of working every single day now that I'm in a "real job." This happens to almost everybody, I'm sure. 

The New Year of 2011 is just around the corner......

Here's my list from last year... let's cross out what I did: 

As far as 2010--

1. internship
2. graduation
B.A. English
3. FIND JOB
Hollla! Far better than I expected, too.
4. save money Not really...this year I'll actually have a paycheck to save.. yes!
5. buy car
6. lose 20 lbs (haha!)
Lost 15 and gained it back... does that count? Guess that'll go on the list again lol.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Here's my little list of things I want to do this year: 

1. De-clutter
2. Lose weight
3. Get a job in the area I want to live
4. Get a reliable car if the Jeep breaks down
5. Find a place to live or buy some land for future building (this is what I'm most excited about)
6. Get married with as little stress as possible :)

Are you as excited as I am about 2011? What are your plans? 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...