Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dresses

Unfortunately, I can't show you my wedding dress... but, I got to show all my friends and my mom yesterday! They loved it. We even picked out a veil (something I didn't think I'd ever wear) and a headpiece (something I really didn't think I wanted). To my surprise, they looked wonderful together, and I had the beautiful Grecian look I wanted. My bridesmaids all loved their dress, and it looked great on them! My mom didn't get a dress, but she got ideas.

Overall, I had a great time. The only thing was I was a little weird about all of the attention being on me. They had cameras out ready to take pictures, and I was slightly shy about that. I'm not one to want the entire store/other brides watching as we pose for a picture! Sometimes I'm weird about that kind of thing. I let them take a couple, but pushed them away for the most part. One picture in particular, though, turned out lovely. It made me wish I had smiled more for the others. Next time I go for a fitting, I'm going to allow myself to be the center of attention--I mean, heck, why not?

In other news, I started my job this past Friday. It was a rough day: I am now on a schedule of teaching blocks 1-3, THEN having planning 4th. I'm used to having planning during block 1. Big change. I also am used to having small class sizes. Now I have two classes of 30, one class of 24. The two large classes are slightly overwhelming with learning names and keeping track of everyone. I teach one class of English 9 and two classes of Drama (9-12). I think the drama has potential to be really, really fun. However, they have had a crazy year with lots of substitutes, so they are not used to structure or a teacher. They're going to give me a rough time until they trust me, and I'm okay with that. First block was great--they were so ready for the structure and to learn. Second was nuts. Let's hope it gets better. Third was fun and hilarious. The kids were great for the most part. Let's just say......it's going to be one hell of a roller coaster ride. 1 1/2 weeks and I'm off for Christmas break. Thank goodness! Then just four more to go before the change of semester and students.

I'd love to share some pictures I've taken recently.. but I'll make a new post for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...