Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Beef Tenderloin

J really knows how to make a good steak, lemmi tell ya. We had an early Christmas dinner tonight with Laurie and our friend Garrett. On the menu: beef tenderloins cooked in pears, thyme, garlic, grape juice, salt, and pepper; french-style green beans; homemade mashed potatoes; key lime pie for dessert. Perfect! It was SO good! I love having a handsome man that loves to cook! Lord knows I don't like it much.

Tonight I'm staying up to bake cookies for all 86 of my students tomorrow (I almost have all of their names down...). I'm also trying to decide exactly what to do for the last day. In first block, we're going to read the last chapter in Animal Farm then watch another section of the movie. They're also turning in their short stories (for me to grade over Christmas break.. but let's not think about that). Second and third are going to watch some clips I found on youtube about drama and watch the cartoon version of The Grinch. They'll have something drama-related to do for that by tomorrow.

Oh, and I had my interview today for the school. I'll admit I was a bit nervous--first interview and all--but I think it went reasonably well. They praised me for taking over since they said I'm doing them a huge favor, and they told me again how they've heard positive things about me. Phew! The questions they asked were a little hard, though. I wish I could have just said, "world peace" as my answer for everything, but no.

By the way, in first block today, a student came up and gave me a gift card to Barnes and Noble. How sweet!! All I could say was (in a very abnormally high-pitched voice), "Aw, thank you, that's so nice of you!" To be honest, I was a bit shy. I always have been shy about receiving gifts... even at Christmas. I did my best, however, to show how thankful I was--my voice change was to hide how tired I was, I think.

Anyway.... off to bake cookies!! 4 more batches to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...