Thursday, November 4, 2010

Today is a half-day at school for the kids. This means I have to get through about 35 minutes of each class (I think). That's pretty awesome! However, I have to admit to not preparing as well as I should be for this lesson. I had the class read three pages last night, but I feel like we'll probably read them again today in class. Being an English teacher is going to be hard; how will I be able to tell they haven't read? How can I make them read without punishing the ones that did read? I'm giving a reading quiz, but it's not like I'll know how they've done until I grade them, so I guess today is a strange trial-run of sorts. I just hope the kids don't go crazy! Yesterday was odd enough...

Happy Thursday (almost Friday) everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Well I remember in college the best way to tell if the class had read was a quiz with reall obscure questions about the book that yu could never in a million years find online...which kind of makes me hate all those profs. :D I don't know if this is a battle you can ever win because there will always be that one kid. But since it's their responsibility to read it, you kind of just have to assume that they have and press on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- Still doing revolutionary war lit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope-on to William Irving's The Devil and Tom Walker!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...