Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday Goodness



Life has been steadily flying by. After talking to my dad today, he and I both noted how we hadn't talked for weeks. I have been meaning to call my grandma, but I just haven't. I'm not sure how long it's been since I've talked on the phone with mom. Phew.

So, I'm not sure how I can adequately express how happy I was this morning to finally have a Saturday to sleep in--without getting a headache! Most Saturdays lately, I wake up with a headache, whether it be related to caffeine, dehydration, or simply sleeping "too long." I should mention that usually I have the headache by 8 30 am. Unfortunately, I did wake up a couple of times rather early--7 30 and 8 30 or so, and I was wide awake by 9, but at least I didn't have a headache!! I've had a great day so far, too. Saturday is just so, so good. We're hosting a spaghetti dinner tonight for our friends, so it can only get better!

Oh, and get this: I went to my first high school football game since about 6 years ago. All of my students were asking if I was going to be there, and I totally backed out last time, so this week I decided I had to go! My lovely friend came with me, even though she made fun of the idea. As soon as we stepped on the pavement surrounding the field, we noticed one of the teams were the same colors as our old high school, and it totally brought us back!! Haha. IT was so long ago, but really only 6 years. Crazy. Overall, we had a great time! I also was able to see at least 10-12 students (a few of which were very happy to see me) and some teachers. It made me feel so good to be there. I am seriously going to miss these kids when I'm done student teaching. I wish I could work with them all year! Maybe I'll get a job in the Spring at that school. I'm attached.

PS: It's official: I bought a gym pass today! Haha. Everyday I will be at the gym after work! I can't wait to lose 10 lbs again lol. Hopefully I will lose more this go around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...