Days like today are why I teach. It's not that it was a particularly amazing day; however, it was much better than yesterday--even though yesterday wasn't the worst day. Some days just feel better than others, and unfortunately, sometimes I am in a better mood one day than I am other days. I try very hard not to let my mood shine through, though sometimes it's hard. For instance, yesterday my stomach was feeling sick for the morning, so all I had was coffee until I got home. Since my stomach was a little sick, anything I did eat didn't seem to do anything, and the water loss I had affected my overall mood, making me feel more tired or stressed than I would on a normal day. Today I felt fine, and the kids were fairly well-behaved. I think we all feel a little rushed with the amount of reading a content needed for each day, so today I let them do an activity related to the content, but it was less brain-teasing than usual. I think they enjoyed it :) If only I could let them do that everyday!
Other than that, get this: I will be done with student teaching the last week before Christmas break. Turns out, I will get all my hours in. My teacher will be gone for four days, and with me teaching all day, that will add up. It's crazy!! I really can't believe it. That means 5.5 weeks, and I'm done. You know what's crazy?? I feel like time has flown by--maybe because I've been so busy. I don't want to leave them that soon! I am really going to miss them--especially the company of my co-teacher--she's such a great help each day. I'm also going to miss all the other teachers I work with. I feel, honestly, like I'm an aide there now full-time (minus the pay), and working with the other teachers and staff is something I look forward to. Going to work each day has not been a chore--just the getting up early part!
Please, please let them have an opening for Spring!! I simply cannot go back to retail or anything less than teaching at this point. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment