Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I woke up this morning thinking about

running across streets. I know for some this is a scary thing to do. For me, looking back, this has always been one of those awesome moments that you kind of want to last forever--just like running through a field, or down a huge hill where you're not sure your feet will stop in time before you fall into the lake OR running through a downpour. When I was little, I had a very steep front yard, and my best friend lived across the street. Each time I went to see her, I had this boost of excitement when I would race across the street. In high school, I would race down/across the street at any given time of the day or night to meet up with my boyfriend at the time. Last year in college, each time I got off the bus I had to race across the street because they hadn't put in a crosswalk yet. Yesterday, I followed my spontaneous friend across the street almost losing my shoes, but it felt fannnnntastic. It's that little moment of OMG AM I GOING TO DIE!? even though you know you're going to be just fine.

Photo by Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...