http://www.yourtango.com/20083474/the-skinny-bride-diet.html
This article sums up how I feel about the soon-to-be bride weight loss program--or--any woman who becomes obsessed with their weight before their wedding. I understand if they want to lose weight for the purpose of being healthy, or if they are actually obese to the point of needing change. If a wedding is what kicks you into gear, so be it. However, there are perfectly beautiful women who are a great size, yet they feel the need to starve themselves to look good for everyone. A wedding is about the two people committing themselves, but it seems to turn into a nerve-wrecking few months of making. everything. absolutely. perfect. Why does it have to be perfect? Why must one shed four sizes in a matter of months? In reality, these women probably look better in their normal size, as beautiful as the day they said "yes" when he popped the question. And super tanning? Don't even get me started!
When I get married, I'm going to do my best to enjoy every moment after I say "yes" to when I say "I do." No need to feel pressure to make everything "perfect" for everyone else.

No comments:
Post a Comment